Wednesday, September 14, 2016

From Boring to Dazzling

Work was celebrating it's 100 years a couple weeks ago, so I wanted to be spirited in black and white. Wearing these 'colors' as much as I do, I get bored, so looked through my closet to see if there was something I hadn't worn yet, or at least recently. And, there it was--a black and whit,  diagonally- striped sleeveless top that was handed down to me about 9-10 years ago! It looked great with a black pencil skirt and matching black and white heels. I chose a white cardigan over a black one since it brightened the outfit a bit. Then, I added this white and gemstone statement necklace with gemstone earrings- these go together really well, while not a set, because of the shapes of the stones. The jewelry makes the outfit a little bit dressier. For makeup, I wore white and black eye-shadows. 

Point in case: if you're bored with an article of clothing (or, in this case, colors), jazz it up with different accessories.

Striped top: hand-me-down from a friend (9-10 years ago)
Sweater: gift from Godmother for Christmas one year (9 years ago)
Shoes: alloy.com, sale, $9.99
Necklace: birthday gift, Amazon, approx. $8
Earrings: Anne Taylor, Secret Santa gift (2 years ago)
Makeup: Eye-shadows: both Ulta; both in free gift with purchase 





Blog Archive