Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Shapes vs. Colors


A friend handed down this top to me recently and, because of the colors, I looked forward to matching with it. However, I ended up having a difficult time. I was mostly concerned about matching my accessories with the shapes in the shirt with less focus on the colors. But, I still ended up wearing yellow rose earrings (there are no roses on the shirt, but tropical flowers instead) and a matching yellow beaded bracelet. I wore a simple, black pencil skirt and black and white heels to go with the black and white in the top. The colors I did have more fun with makeup; I wore sky blue, yellow and black eyeshadows and hot pink lipgloss. I wore my hair back in a twisted pony. 

Top: Cache, hand-me-down from colleague/friend
Skirt: Kohl's, $20
Shoes: alloy.com, 60% off clearance, $10
Earrings: eBay, 6-pairs, $3-5
Bracelet: Kohl's, multi-pack, clearance years ago
Makeup: Eyeshadows; Sky Blue: Avon; Black: Ulta; Yellow: MaxFactor; Lipgloss: Ulta



Blog Archive