Tuesday, August 16, 2016

'round the way girl

Another top I haven't worn yet this summer. I was inspired when I realized this necklace, which I haven't worn since I got it for my birthday, matches really well. I paired the top with a camel pencil skirt to match the beige dots on the top. Since this is the only brown sweater I have to wear during the warmer weather (it's not my favorite), I had to be sure to wear dark brown shoes to even out the colors (camel shoes would be too much and the brown sweater would look out of place). These shoes even have little leave-shaped cutouts that go with the print on the shirt! ;) To go with the wooden beads on the necklace, I decided to wear a wooden bracelet. And then, to go with the shirt and necklace, I added teal bangles and teal round earrings (that also go with the circles on the shirt). For makeup: teal and dark brown shadows, teal eyeliner and gold lip gloss. Lastly, I swapped to a brown handbag to match my shoes. 

Sweater and satin top: a Christmas gift together, years ago
Skirt: Rainbow Shops, $10
Shoes: Charlotte Russe, clearance $8?
Earrings: 3-prs, gift? 
Wooden bracelet: Dots, have had since 2005
Teal bangles: Family Dollar, purchased in 2005, $1
Necklace: Birthday gift from friend
Handbag: eBay, $15
Makeup:Teal shadow: Sephora makeup kit, Christmas gift from a friend years ago, Brown shadow: Ulta, free with min. purchase; Eyeliner: Ulta, free with min. purchase; Lip gloss: Ulta




Blog Archive