Saturday, August 6, 2016

Dare Devil

I bought these front-back earrings in a store closing sale a few weeks ago- I've been wanting some for a while. I matched them with a wrap around bracelet, which was purchased on a separate occasion through a website. Then, I thought this necklace also went with the color scheme. To go well with the silver tones in the jewelry and the grey-ish bracelet band, I wore a charcoal pencil skirt. Then, to mix up the blue and green accessories, I went daring and added another color into the mix- a peach cami. (It was more like,"what solid shirt do I have that will look cute?") I chose a white, cropped sweater to cover up for work and went with a white tank underneath the cami (you know- since it's see through). I was going to try a light blue tank, but the white would balance out the outfit better, which is alsso why I wore white wedges.

For makeup, I wore blue tones and charcoal eyeshadows, charcoal eyeliner, and coral lip crayon. For hair, I tried to keep this outfit dressy by wearing my hair back- I pulled it into a half pony and then gathered the rest of my hair into full pony-- an attempt to mirror magazine clippings shown below. 

Earrings: K-Mart, $2
Bracelet: Rosegal.com, $3
Necklace: Birthday or Christmas gift years ago
Shoes: K-Mart, on clearance earlier in the year, $11?
Skirt: H&M, $12
Sweater: Gift from Godmother years ago
Cami: came with another top
Makeup: All Ulta except blue shadows: Avon

Blog Archive