Thursday, August 4, 2016

Mellow Yellow

I'm really glad I purchased this shirt when I did (see Inspired). I've been able to match it with a few things, not just the earrings I had in mind when I purchased it. And, I still have a couple of other items it will go with that I haven't tried yet. :) 

This week, I matched the top with an 'old lady' necklace that was given to me when my Godmother was helping her friend clean out her house. From there, I chose a white skirt with a gold zipper, which matches both the white and gold beads in the necklace. For shoes, I could have gone with white, but I liked these gold heels looked nicer (dressier) than wedges. Since I went with a gold theme, I swapped to a gold handbag and gold bar earrings. And, then (!!!), I realized I have a watch that matches perfectly with a gold face and all! I wore a fuchsia tee underneath the yellow top, which semi-matched the necklace. For makeup, I wore mustard-gold eye shadow with a dark brown for accentuation, and fuchsia lip crayon. I wore my hair up to both keep the outfit dressy and to show off my earrings. 

Yellow high-low top: Forever 21, $9
Skirt: given to me from Godmother
Earrings: Charming Charlie, clearance, $4
Necklace: hand-me-down from Godmother's friend
Shoes: worn in a wedding a few years ago
Watch: purchased recently on a cruise, set of 6 watch bands
Handbag: birthday gift years ago
Makeup: Gold: Christmas gift years ago; eyeliner, brown shadow and lip crayon: all Ulta








Blog Archive