Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Material Girl

Again, I haven't gotten to wear this high-waist shorts yet this summer and I like them because they fit so well and they're cute. This time, I thought outside the box and purposely mismatched...well, sort of. I think I decided on coral with these shorts because of a gold and coral leave ring that I thought went well with the pattern on the shorts. From there, I chose a coral racerback tank and coral sandals. In addition to my leave ring for jewelry, I opted for two-sided faux pearl earrings and faux pearl bracelets to match the white in the shorts. I have earrings that match the coral leave ring, but I didn't want to overdose on coral-- it would take away from the colors in the shorts. I did add coral and gold bangles, but they were mixed in with the pearl bracelets. I wore two more rings, both which match the colors in my shorts and have pearls on them. (Lots of accessories.) Finally, I pulled out my wedding purse--which hasn't been used since-- and it happens to go really well with my shorts since it has grey-blue and cobalt flower details. My only grief with it is that is has a silver chain and I'm wearing mostly gold tones. 

I kept my hair in a pony to keep a retro look with my shorts. 

Shorts: K-Mart, clearance last year, $7?
Sandals: Alloy, clearance last year, $5?
Racerback: Rainbow Shops, $4.99
Coral Leave Ring: Charming Charlie, clearance, $4.99
Beaded rings: Gift Shop in AK, $1 each
Earrings: eBay, purchased for my wedding, but did not wear, $2
Pearl bracelets: given to me from Mother
Bangles: Birthday gift
Purse: eBay, purchased for my wedding, $14?









Blog Archive