Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Safari

This dress was given to me a few years ago, but I think it was salvaged from the nineties. When things are given to me, I like to try them out at least once. But...this one has made it out of my closet every summer since I've had it. The print is a bit wild, but the style is cute (high neck, button down, and A-line ankle length). And, if you haven't noticed yet, I like to accessorize with roses. So, instead of emphasizing the leopard print, I brought out the flowers on the print. (RULE: When one wears any sort of animal print, they should keep to one item to refrain from looking like the said animal.) I wore a black rose on a- yes- subtle, but animal print belt with black rose earrings and black rose wedges. The belt cinches my waist even more with the A-line, so the dress appears thinning. For makeup, I wore beige and black eye shadows and fuschia lip crayon. 

Dress: given to me by aunt, 90's?
Belt: given to me (on a separate occasion) by aunt, 80s/90s?
Flower accessory: 3-in-1, eBay, $2
Earrings: eBay, 6/pk, $5
Shoes: XOXO, Shoe Dept. Encore(?), $15-20
Makeup: all Ulta, all free with min. purchases








Blog Archive