Friday, July 29, 2016

How to recycle MORE doilies

This skirt came in the mail a few days ago (with the same shipment as mentioned in 'Attention to Detail')-- this one was also purchased for $8.00. When picking out what to wear with the skirt, I mirrored the ad in which it was modeled-- with a simple shirt and, pretty much the same shoes. The tip was to make a casual look dressy, but I did the opposite by making a dressy skirt, casual. :) For jewelry, I was given these silver and olive dangly earrings (shown below) for Christmas-- I thought of wearing them since they go so well with the print on the skirt, but I really didn't like how they didn't match the rest of the outfit, colorwise. Also, I liked the aforementioned casual look, so I wore daisy studs instead, which still match the skirt's print nicely. Speaking of the casual look, I wore my hair up in a high pony, just like I was back in high school. :)  Finally, I wore cream and black eye shadows and nude lip stick (to...you know...keep with the casual look). 

Skirt: Alloy.com, $8.00, 60% off sale
3/4 tee: Rue 21, $5
Shoes: Rue 21, $11
Dangly Earrings: a Christmas gift from boss
Stud Earrings: purchased years ago in a set, Rue 21, $?
Makeup: all Ulta; all free with min. purchase











Blog Archive