Sunday, February 28, 2016

Fur or not to fur? That is the question.

We were going for a country breakfast this morning, so I guess I felt in the spirit. But, really, my true inspiration to revive this flannel was the belt (in which I cannot find anything to match with). Incorporating the said belt, which is accented with a spike-centered-bow, mixes country with fashion. I added this hat because it looks cute with any sort of country-ish outfit. I wore cream-colored knee high socks and flat boots with black skinny khakis. Blending the black with the flannel made me look less like a cowgirl and more like a someone who is trying to be trendy. To match the spike on my belt, I kept with silver earrings and made sure to wear boots that were either plain or had silver hardware (opted for the plain boots since I felt like flats and this is what I had). For makeup, I wore green shadows and maroon lip gloss.

Because I felt like something was missing, I tried the cream colored fur vest (there are a lot of ideas I have for this flannel). I thought it looked cute, but was still unsure of the total mix. And then I was unsure about the belt on the inside or out of the vest.

Do you like this outfit with the vest or no vest?
Belt in or out?
Please share your opinions and thoughts!


Flannel: Savers, $5, purchased for a Halloween costume years ago
Belt: Charming Charlie's, clearance, $6?
Hat: Kohl's, clearance, $8
Khakis: Old Navy, $19
Vest: Rue 21, clearance, $5
Earrings: given to me from Aunt
Boots: Rue 21, sale, $11
Makeup: lip gloss, Avon, have had for years; eyeshadows: Ulta, included in makeup gift set, Christmas gift a few years ago
Socks: J.C. Penney, purchased years ago for a (different) Halloween costume












Blog Archive