Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Prep school

This outfit was planned around the necklace and pin. I ended up liking the outfit more than I thought I would, even if I did look like I was dressed for prep school. To match the necklace and pin, I wore these pearl and gold bar earrings. (It's almost as if they were made to go with the other jewelry (i.e. the pearl in the fish's mouth and the white beads on my necklace; the fish also has a blue crystal eye, so it matches well with the gold, white and blue necklace.) I wore a blue blazer and a white shirt to go with the white and blue in the pin and necklace. I wasn't sure what colors to wear on the bottom, since I didn't want to overdo the blue, so I added this pleated skirt and then brown tights and boots. To bring all of this together, I wore brown eyeshadow with blue liner gel and brown lip gloss. To top it all off, I wore this white and blue crocheted slouch hat and matching scarf when I went outside.

Blazer: hand-me-down from Godmother
Necklace; Charming Charlie's, clearance, approx. $7
Earrings: Burlington Coat Factory, 3/approx. $4.99
Fish pin: hand-me-down from mother (I think?)
Skirt: Pay Half, have had about ten years or more
Boots: Rue 21, clearance, $14
Matching hat and scarf: hand-made, donated to the Heather Collection from colleague
Makeup: shadow pallet, Ulta, free with min, purchase
               gel liner,ginormous makeup set, Ulta, Christmas gift
               lip gloss, Avon, have had about ten years











Blog Archive