Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Blues...day three

Third day with navy blue...
...I purchased this skirt around the Holidays and have yet to wear it until now. I recently purchased this (fuchsia) blazer over the weekend, so it worked out well since I've been wanting to wear navy and fuschia together for a while. The colors cancel each other out-- bright vs. dark. I did struggle with what shoes to wear since I don't have matching boots. I settled with brown, but had to make sure I incorporated brown somewhere else in the outfit, so wore a brown tank underneath the jacket. To pull the colors together, I wore a floral and magenta scarf that has beige and navy tones. For jewelry, I wore perfectly matching fuchsia triangle studs and a gold octopus ring that happens to have pink stone and brown bead details. My brown handbag matched my boots and tank, but also my jewelry and skirt with the gold accents. 

For makeup, I wore brown and navy eye shadows with navy liner and magenta lip crayon. 

Blazer: Charmed & Dangerous, $24, 50% off sale
Scarf: Vera Wang for Kohl's, Christmas gift
Tank: hand-me-down from a co-worker/friend
Skirt: Nordstrom Rack, $16.99, Philosophy
Navy tights; hand-me-down from Godmother
Ring: gift from friend
Earrings: K-Mart, clearance sale, $0.50
Handbag: eBay? 
Boots: Gap, sale, $15, have had for years













Blog Archive