Saturday, February 25, 2017

Moving on from Valentine's Day


I think I've finally retired the Vday colors, except on this day, I was still easing away. It was an unusually warm day in February, so I took advantage by wearing this adorable pink (faux) leather jacket. First, I looked for something that wasn't too warm to wear, so I chose this 3/4 multi-color chevron blouse. I've yet to wear wear it with this new navy skirt, so that's just what I did...with navy tights and new navy t-strap flats. I swapped into beige and gold tone heels since the new shoes hurt-- yes the heels were more comfortable than the flats! Now, there is a lot I can do with this top because of the colors, but it's best not to over-do it and wear every color, so this time, I focused on the gold buttons going down the back and the blush chevron stripes...and obviously the navy. So, for jewelry, I only wore gold stick earrings (as opposed to coral or mint accessories) and a navy and gold watch. The gold tones throughout the outfit also match the zipper down the back of the skirt. 

For makeup, I wore navy and blush eye shadows and blush lip crayon. 

Jacket: Alloy.com, clearance, $14
Top: Rue 21, BOGO 1/2 off, $10ish
Skirt: Nordstrom Rack, $14
Navy flats: Old Navy (literally navy...), clearance, $4
Heels: Charlotte Russe, BOGO free, $11-15
Watch: purchased on a cruise
Earrings: Charming Charlie's, clearance, $3-4
Makeup: Navy shadow: Avon; Blush shadow and lip crayon: Ulta











Blog Archive