Friday, August 2, 2019

One eyeshadow palette- mutiple outfits


A couple weeks ago, I must have been feeling colorful and, without planning, used the same makeup combo almost all week long- fuscia lipstick and one bright yellow, teal green and navy blue eye-shadow palette (I did add in one additional palette for one outfit and used aqua blue instead of teal). 

Do you have a favorite outfit below? I do! 
Can you number the outfits in the order of my liking (A-C)?  What about the makeup? 




Outfit A:

On this day, I wore a bright, tropical sweater tee that is embellished with black beads. With it, I wore a black pencil skirt, but felt risky because I normally like this already-busy top just with the pencil skirt. Instead, I added not one, but, two matching necklaces: one adorned with a snake, a bee and a flower and, the other: three aqua pendants including (another) flower. The colors and the designs went too well with the top to not take the chance. Also, I wore an equally as colorful (teal and orange) clamp bracelet, which is a wrap-around tiger as well as an aqua and white beaded belt. For earrings, I wore oversized black cluster earrings that match very well with the beading on the top. As if I didn't mix this outfit up enough, I decided to, then, play down the colors, with black and white d'orsay sandals and a matching black and white handbag since the top does have white, as well. Since the necklaces are (faux) gold, they match the gold accents on my handbag.  For makeup, I wore neon green ,aqua and neon yellow shadows with fuscia lipstick. 


Top: Cache, hand-me-down from a friend
Belt: Frugal Fannie's, clearance, $0.75 cents!!!!!!!
Bracelet: Warehouse sale, $2
Snake/Bee/Flower necklace: Betsey Johnson, warehouse sale, $5(!!!!!!!)
Aqua necklace: BeBe, given to me years ago
Earrings: hand-me-down from mother
Handbag: Charming Charlie's, sale, $18
Shoes: Amazon or eBay, $20






Outfit B: 

This day was a little cooler, so I could finally wear this teal 3/4 sweater with this floral fuscia, teal and black pencil skirt- both items given to me- and an outfit I had picked out for a while. To go with the floral, I wore a black rose bracelet and black rose studs along with black rose adorned wedges. Also, I wore fuscia mesh earrings to tie the colors in. Also, because I'm chubbier these days, I wore a fuscia tank underneath the sweater, which also help even out the colors. Just teal and black eye-shadows for this outfit.
.
Sweater: hand-me-down from Aunt
Skirt: hand-me-down from Godmother
Shoes: Bob's Stores?
Bracelet: warehouse sale, $2
Earrings: fuscia mesh: have had many years; roses: eBay









Outfit C: 

Another floral print pencil skirt, but this one has SO many colors, so it's versatile. This time, I wore a colorblock tee, navy in the front, sea green and sheer in the back (like a mullet, only color) and mint green heels. While these don't really match the sea green, mint is in the skirt and somehow worked with the rest of the outfit. For accessories, I wore a green multi-colored, 3-tiered beaded necklace, a teal statement necklace with matching earrings, black rose studs, a black rose bracelet and a sea green handbag. Two necklaces as well as rose jewelry tend to be a thing for me this summer. For this outfit, all four colors in the navy/teal/white/yellow shadows. 

Skirt: K-Mart 40% off sale, approx $7-9
Top: Kohl's, approx $12
Necklace: Charming Charlie's, $12
Earring/Necklace set: birthday gift years ago
Handbag: birthday gift, about 11 years ago
Shoes: Amazon, $22

 








Blog Archive