Friday, January 15, 2016

Let the Jewelry do the Work


Today, I planned my outfit around my necklace since I just bought it last weekend. I ended up with an outfit I really liked. First, I knew I was going to wear this bracelet with the necklace because the gemstones match, but then was having a hard time finding earrings to go. So, I pulled out these purple chandelier earrings since they're the same sort of cut as the gemstone in the necklace and bracelet, only a different color (even though there are purple beads on the necklace, too). Since the other necklace-- purple-- goes so well with the earrings, I thought it would bring all of the jewelry together. I then added a few gold bangles to mix with my silver bracelet since the (long) necklace is strands of silver and gold. 

For the clothing, I knew I wanted to wear this flyaway cardigan with this necklace because I thought they would fit nicely together. And, then, since most of my jewelry was gold, I opted for these new boots with antique-gold accents and buckles. It was then decided I would wear camel! So, then I added a matching camel belt (also an antique-gold buckle) and thought, instead of my typical black pencil skirt and tights, I would try out the camel skirt. My hesitance was with tights, however-- since I didn't have camel, I tried out grey. I was worried this would make the outfit too 'matchy', but it ended up working out okay since not too much of the tights were showing. Again, a white long sleeve shirt under the cardigan to break up the color coordination a bit. I finished off with gold and purple eye shadows and gold lip gloss. 

Necklace: Charming Charlie, $8, clearance (normally $16)
Gem Bracelet: handmade for me from Aunt
Gold Bangles: came with a set of other, asst. bangles, Christmas gift one year
Earrings: KMart, $0.49, clearance (normally $8)
Necklace: given to me from an Aunt (years prior to purchasing earrings)
Boots: Rue 21, $14 (!!!), sale plus add'l discount (normally $40)
Belt: have had
Flyaway cardigan: have had, a gift for Christmas one year
Skirt: have had; Rainbow Shops, $10
Makeup: Gold shadow: Ulta (free w/ min. purchase); Purple shadow: Lancome (free gift; given to me                from Aunt); Lip gloss: Ulta








Blog Archive