Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Purple haze

I wanted to wear some of my really-good-deal jewelry this week, so I've been planning outfits around it. Today, I wore purple and fuschia jewel-toned hoop earrings, two necklaces, a bracelet and a ring that all matched, yet were purchased on different occasions and at different places (see below for details). So I didn't overdo it with color, I wore the accessories with a black skirt and cardigan with a neutral cami with matching neutral shoes. First, I thought about what shoes would go with the jewelry, which was all gold, so I went with the neutral and gold spiky heels. Then, I matched a gold belt with both the spikes on the shoes and the gold on the jewelry. Last came the cami- I almost wore a fuchsia shirt, but it would have been color overkill and I really needed something else neutral to pull the top and bottom of the outfit together. Eye makeup was gold and purple shadows and I wore a deep magenta lip color. I wore my hair down so the oversized hoops weren't too much.

Personal tip: always wear hair down with oversized hoops so they aren't too distracting. Chandelier earrings are okay since they are more elegant. 

Jewelry: (none are meant to be a matching set, even if purchased at the same store): 
Earrings: K-Mart,                                                                  --.99 cents, clearance
Ring: K-Mart                                                                        --.99 cents, clearance
Bracelet: Target, 9 years ago                                                --clearance
Jeweled necklace: Target, 9 years ago                                 --clearance
Beaded necklace: given to me from Aunt, Bebe                  -- free

Belt: given to me from (another) Aunt, from the 80s or 90s-- free

Skirt: Burlington Coat Factory                                             --$7.99, clearance

Shoes: Charlotte Russe                                                         --$15-19, sale

Makeup:
Eye shadow: Gold, have had
                      Purple, Lancome, given to me from Aunt     --free
Lip crayon: Ulta, free with purchase                                   --free









Blog Archive