Thursday, October 20, 2016

French Scarf Knot

I pulled out this magazine clipping a couple months ago, which shows how to tie a scarf as worn in France. I've been wearing scarves for some time, but have yet to wear one this way. I matched this multi-color satin scarf with a light-blue sheer high-low button down. I highlighted the maroon stripes in the scarf with a maroon leave pin (appropriate for the season) and maroon heels. I also highlighted the white in the scarf with white pearl bracelets and earrings. Since the leave pin has gold tones, I kept with gold metals. One pair of my earrings were gold stick earrings topped with the pearls and one of the bracelets is from a bangle set I have, but this one has pearls, so it was a perfect fit. I also wore a white long sleeved tee underneath the sheer top because I was wearing black pants and needed to break up the black. The straight leg pants really show off the color and the straps of these shoes.

Scarf: a Christmas gift years ago in a headband set. 
Earrings: Stick: 3/pk, Burlington Coat Factory, $3.99-$4.99; Studs: came in a set of earrings
Bracelets: Pearl: given to me from mother; Bangle: from a bangle set I received as a Christmas gift a few years ago
Pin: my mother's from a long time ago
Shoes: Charlotte Russe, last year, BOGO 1/2 off; $11ish
Top: Forever 21; $9
Pants: Frugal Fannie's, $15?



Blog Archive