Friday, October 7, 2016

Copy Cat

While on a wild manhunt online for a specific lace scarf I was looking for as a birthday gift, I fell upon this photo on Pinterest. I liked it so much, I decided to try to make my own rendition of it.It turns out that I have just about the same shoes except mine aren't patent and were also probably a lot less expensive. I wore them with high-waist, slim-cut dress pants (since I was wearing this to work) and a black and white (faux button down) top like in the photo. Then, I threw the blanket scarf over the top. Since it's not quiet that warm yet, I didn't try a long jacket like the model has on. For jewelry, I kept with gold to match the gold spikes on the shoes and wore gold and off-white bangles and gold stick earrings. The off-white in the bracelets goes with the off-white in the scarf and in the shoes. I also added some gold arrow earrings, some with (faux) diamonds, which also go with one of the bangles. For makeup, I wore red lipstick (to go with the scarf) and black and gold eye-shadows.

I would have never thought of this outfit on my own.

Blanket Scarf: Rue 21, $5, clearance
Black and White top: T.J. Maxx, $15
Pants: Frugal Fannie's, $15
Shoes: Charlotte Russe, BOGO 50% off, $11
Earrings: Stick: Charming Charlie, $3.99, clearance; Arrows: Rue 21, $2-3, clearance
Bracelets: Christmas gift a few years ago
Makeup:Eyeshadows: Black: Ulta, free; Gold: have had; Lipstick: Ulta, free



Blog Archive