Monday, November 11, 2019

When people think you're dressed for Halloween, but you're not

I wore this outfit the day before Halloween and someone (innocently) asked me if I was dressed for the Holiday. However, it may be one of my favorites. 

What if you have limited articles of clothing that you want to stretch out every season? Or, you just want to wear some summer dresses one last time before they go away for the winter? In the next few posts, you will see how I added layers to repurpose some summer dresses so I could mix them with fall fashions. 

Here, I wore a marigold sun dress with a black floral and lace scarf that has maroon and marigold mixed in. So, I added all maroon accessories to make this dress a fall-yellow rather than a summer-yellow: maroon wide-brimmed hat, maroon ankle boots and maroon tassle earrings. For makeup: maroon lipgloss and maroon and marigold shadows. To make the dress warmer for the weather, I added black leggings and a black long-sleeve duster that both go with the scarf, as well. 

Dress: Charming Charlie's, clearance, BOG3 free(!!!)
Duster: hand-me-down from Godmother
Scarf: Ltd. Commodities, clearance, $5
Hat: Rue 21, clearance, $5
Shoes: Rue 21, clearance, $15
Earrings: Frugal Fannie's, $6?
Makeup: Ulta








Blog Archive