Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Sock Hop

I had been wanting a long pleated skirt for a long time since they're in at the moment. So, when I walked by this one in the store, I had to check the price and it was do-able enough for me. Next was decided which color- I really kept going towards the gold. At any rate I (obviously) ended up with maroon and wore it here with a navy ribbon-embellished cardigan, navy tights and navy faux-velvet ankle boots. For accessories, I wore a light blue striped scarf that has some maroon stripes with maroon tassle earrings. For makeup: navy and maroon shadows with naby eyeliner and maroon lipgloss. I put my hair into a high pony, which made me look like I was going to a 50s sock hop. 

The pleated skirt with a scarf  and button-down was inspired by a magazine ad I have, but failed to take a picture of. 


Cardigan: hand-me-down from Aunt
Skirt: Sears, $24.99
Shoes: Kohl's, a couple years ago, $25-30 with coupon?
Scarf: came with a headband set that was a gift years ago
Earrings: Frugal Fannies, $5-8
Makeup: Almay, Avon, Ulta, liner given to me






Blog Archive