Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Using up the rest of winter

There were three-to-four weeks this winter in which I wore nothing but pajamas, thus not wearing as many clothes as I would have liked. So, I'm trying to wear the rest of the winter items that haven't come out yet, before the warm weather comes (which should be within two days based on where we live). 🤣

This outfit was planned around the boots, which are brown and checkered (more fall colors- burnt orange, brown, black and cream, but still HAD to wear them). Since the boots have so many colors, I tried to pull them all into the outfit-- I wore a dark brown cardigan with matching tights and a black skirt and tee. To pull the black and brown together, I added a dark brown belt and, then, a cream scarf. The last step was which earrings to wear. As you can see below, there were three pairs that matched really well, so I made my husband help me choose. We ended up going with these antique gold danglies that have brown, black and rust colored beads. For makeup, I wore dark brown shadow and orange lipstick. 

Cardigan: hand-me-down from Godmother
Fur-lined boots: a warehouse shoe store, Dr. Scholl's, $14, purchased a few years ago
Belt: came with a blazer many moons ago (no longer have the blazer)
Scarf: have had for years now
Earrings: hand-me-down from a co-worker
Makeup: Ulta and The Body Shop







Blog Archive