Monday, October 1, 2018

Monday-Funday

Again, it was a rainy day, I wanted to wear something...different and had a hard time deciding. I ended up referring to some magazine clippings for some inspiration and saw a wide wrap-around belt in one of them. Since this belt has a snakeskin print, I decided on a sleevless top with the same (print) and happens to be in autumn colors. I could have worn a burgundy skirt, but I opted for black since I thought it would look nicer with the belt and not too outrageous. Then, for shoes, I was tossed up between the beige and black color block (shown below) or solid black. Since I don't get to wear these often, I went with the color block. I wasn't sure they matched, but I think they do well enough. For jewelry, I decided to stay simple since, again, I didn't want to look like I was going clubbing, so I wore silver hoops to match the loops on my belt and shoes. I always try to keep all of the metals the same color. For makeup, I wore burgundy lip gloss and tan and black shadows. 

Top: hand-me-down from Godmother, years ago
Skirt: Kohl's, $19.99
Shoes: Charlotte Russe, $17? 
Belt: (also) hand-me-down from Godmother
Earrings: given to me from (another) Aunt
Makeup: shadows: Ulta; lipgloss: Avon (from about 11 years ago)





Blog Archive