Thursday, November 17, 2016

Matching spikes, matching colors

This is probably my favorite skirt because it's so unique. Like a lot of things I like to wear, it has a lot of colors, which makes it more fun to match things with and try out different outfits. This time, I specifically wore it with these brand new boots that I bought at end of the season last year. The accents on the shoes match perfectly with the spike accents on the skirt. I then realized this multi-colored scarf has all of the same colors as the skirt. Since the print on the scarf made it a stretch, I added a solid brown scarf so it wasn't too much color. For jewelry, I wore silver bangles, one of which is spiky, an additional shiny cuff and shiny silver spike earrings to match. I put my hair up and threw on a blazer over my top to make the outfit look a little more formal for work-- not too artsy. For makeup: aqua blue, dark brown and black shadows. 

Skirt: Frugal Fannie's, $15
Shoes: Vera Wang, Kohl's, clearance, $9.99
Scarves: Stripes: Old Navy, few years ago; Brown: have had
Bracelets: Shiny: given to me; Bangles; given to me; Spiky bangle: given to me recently from co-
                 worker/friend
Earrings: 3-pk, Burlington Coat Factory, $3.99ish
Makeup: Aqua: Tarte, part of a Christmas gift years ago; Dark Brown and Black shadows: Ulta, free                  with min. purchase


Blog Archive