Friday, February 2, 2024

Hippy

This outfit was back in the fall just before Thanksgiving. I mixed rust and cranberry and it worked pretty well with this floral, multi color shawl that has red and orange flowers on it, but the real inspiration to mix the colors was this antique owl necklace adorned worth red eyes and an orange printed belly. To take it even further, I added an old maroon leave brooch and an old hemp multi-colored handbag I've had since high school (circa 1995!!). I also wore a maroon and black wide brim hat and rust beaded hoops. For my primary outfit: maroon leggings and a maroon tank underneath a rust cross-over, waist-tie tunic with maroon chunky heel, knee-high boots. For makeup: rust and maroon shadows and a maroon lip gloss.

There's a lot here, but I think it came out cute... or do you think it's too much???

You will also see here, this tunic with a more basic outfit of black ponte pants and rust ankle boots. A much more toned down version. I kinda opt for the busy one though! 

Tunic: Amazon, gift
Shawl: hand-me-down
Leggings: American Eagle, $5
Tank: Kohl's, $5
Boots: The Shoe Store, clearance, $11
Ankle boots: Amazon, $30
Hat: Kohl's, clearance, $9
Handbag: Mi Casa, circa. 1995
Earrings: Rainbow Stores, $4-5
Brooch: hand-me-down, probably from the 
  80s
Necklace: antique, used to be my  
   grandmother's
Makeup: Ulta




Blog Archive