Saturday, December 12, 2015

Crimson Tide

I haven't worn this necklace yet (given to me by my mother), so, I decided to plan an outfit around it. I matched this maroon (or crimson, if you will) skirt with the necklace, as well as other matching pewter-colored jewelry (earrings and bracelet). Since I wore black boots and tights, I wore a charcoal grey cowl-neck top instead of just black, to bring the entire outfit together. Normally, I would wear grey tights, but they didn't match completely and just looked like almost too much was happening with the outfit. Some might argue that I need a belt with this outfit- for the contrast between the shirt and skirt, but the necklace did the job since it was so long. Lastly, I wore charcoal eye-shadow and crimson lip gloss. 

Necklace: given to me (mother)- free
Bracelet: given to me (an Aunt)- free
Earrings: have had, Burlington Coat Factory, set of 3 pairs, $4
Shirt: have had, Frugal Fannies, $8
Faux Suede (microfiber) Skirt: Rue 21, $9 on sale
Boots: Kohl's online, $30
Make up: eye shadow: Ulta (free with minimum purchase); lip gloss: have had, Avon 



Blog Archive